New York restaurant serves most expensive milkshake in a glass covered with Swarovski crystals
Source: Guiness World Records website
” New York restaurant Serendipity 3 has crafted a deliciously decadent creation which has amounted to the world’s Most expensive milkshake.
Available for ordering as of today (Wednesday 20 June), known as National Vanilla Milkshake Day in the US, Serendipity 3’s LUXE Milkshake has set the new record with a value of $100 USD.
Created for the national day, this lavish milkshake contains some very expensive ingredients which help make this treat so exclusive?
Those who order the LUXE Milkshake will have the luxurious blend served in a custom glass adorned with more than 3,000 premium Swarovski® crystals designed by Master Artist and Kellie DeFries, the ‘Crystal Ninja’.
Behind the restaurant’s latest extravagancy is none other than chef, Joe Calderone, who has designed several of Serendipity 3’s record breaking dishes.
For this title, each ingredient was individually selected by the chef for its unique and delectable qualities:
- Jersey milk – made from cows originally bred in the Channel Islands, which are popular for the high butterfat content
- Tahitian vanilla ice cream – sourced from premium slow-grown, sun-cured vanilla beans
- Devonshire luxury clotted cream – produced in Devon, England, this thick and rich cream is made from heating fine milk until a thick layer of golden cream forms on the surface
- Madagascar vanilla beans – as the most labour intensive to grow, the Madagascar vanilla plants, Vanilla Planifolia, take up to three years to produce beans that are intense in flavour
- 23 karat edible gold – this pure and edible gold creates a glimmering, golden sparkle when mixed with the other ingredients
- Whipped cream – a grass-fed cream, infused with a simple syrup of sugar and vanilla
- Le Cremose Baldizzone (donkey caramel sauce) – this rare sauce that is sweet and unique in flavour is made from Venezuelan cocoa, Piedmont hazelnuts, fresh donkey’s milk, and cane sugar
- Luxardo Gourmet Maraschino Cherries – produced in Luxardo, Italy, these cherries are dense and chewy with a sweet-tart flavour made with prized sour Marasca cherries and preserved in the fruit’s famed liquor
“It is such a pleasure and such an honor to be awarded the Guinness World Records title for Most expensive milkshake. I am thrilled to add this accomplishment to our growing list of record-breaking food items. It was exciting to develop such a unique recipe and I hope our customers enjoy every drop of this creamy, rich milkshake,” said Joe Calderone.
For this record to be considered successful, the completed LUXE needed to be purchased.
Photo credit: Chocky